This abandoned steel factory was opened in 1872 and expanded during the 1910s. In the 1950s there was less demand for steel and in 1977 they completely stopped production. The also abandoned power station- Central Thermique was used for domestic electricity powered by the toxic gases of the steel manufacturing blast furnaces that surrounded it. This vast industrial site is a must see in the heart of Luxembourg, parts of it might soon be demolished.
A traditional Luxembourg residency in decay definitely for a while now as it has been abandoned since the late ’60s. Maison Kirsch; its name comes from the volume of kirsch (cherry brandy) that the owners were making. Spacious chambers, interesting small objects and a magically warm atmosphere made this spot a great visit!