This abandoned steel factory was opened in 1872 and expanded during the 1910s. In the 1950s there was less demand for steel and in 1977 they completely stopped production. The also abandoned power station- Central Thermique was used for domestic electricity powered by the toxic gases of the steel manufacturing blast furnaces that surrounded it. This vast industrial site is a must see in the heart of Luxembourg, parts of it might soon be demolished.
A labyrinth of machinery, engines and cooling towers. An early afternoon exploration with the lights on, the engines awake and the steam spinning out of the turbines. A deep breath of adventure, a massive wave of adrenaline ! A great accomplishment to have explored this location!